Sunday, December 23, 2012

Christmas is IN!! Failure is OUT!

So every year at Christmas, I always worry about how I'm going to provide for my kids for Christmas.
I sign them up for their school programs, sal army and even toys/tots thru dshs... whatever programs are open.
Well this year, I just knew was going to be depressing for me.
My younger son started a new school this year, and this school just reopened, so they don't have a Christmas program established.  Uh oh...
Sal army started thier xmas programs signup early, so by the time I got there in Nov, the normal signup time, they were closed.
I did manage to get a toy from toys/tots, however, because they choose for you, getting an appropriate toy for my special needs child is EXTREMELY difficult..

fast forward...

Thursday, my son comes home and says they earned their party in class.  (They had to earn enough 'marbles' to get the party) and he HAD to have us there.
So Friday, I called the school, found out when it was, and we made it.  At the end of the party, I went to the office to sign us out.  The Secretary pulled me into the Principals office (uh oh..) and said:

There was a neighborhood family that came in and asked if they could adopt a few families for Christmas.  Your family was on the thanksgiving help list (we'd signed up for food help) and we picked you.
(at this time, I'm tearing up...) We have several bags of gifts...do you want them?
We're not sure what's in them, but..

(TEARS FLOWING!!)
I could NOT believe it....  My prayers were answered... my son WILL have an AMAZING Christmas!!

So, to that anonymous family out there, that adopted our family for Christmas.
You have NO idea how important this was for us.. I can't thank you enough. I am SO grateful to you.

-A grateful mom

No comments: